Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Miss Ella's room

My daughter's room in progress...

I painted her room a lovely vintage turquoise shade to compliment our barkcloth curtains (an ebay find) and found her a retro hide-a-bed to give her more space to play and entertain guests.  I love this room, it gets the morning sun.

 
I've had the red vintage flower pillows for a long time, they've looked good with every couch I've owned, and that's a lot of couches.  They also have silver threads in them that you can't see in the pictures.

 



 
I painted this retro chair with plastic spray paint, which works really well by the way...still have to find rubber feet and paint the legs black...or white.

 
I stole the lamp shade from this vintage atomic lamp for anthother lamp, and found this new rectangular one at the local Goodwill.  I painted one side of it for kicks...not sure how I feel bout' it yet. 


 
The hide-a-bed couch combined with Ella's retro play kitchen makes her room feel like a groovy retro studio apartment...Miss Montana was a yard sale find:)

 
I've been collecting paint-by-number horses for almost a decade and I have several, but years back I decided to get rid of all their frames (which I totally regret) so I've been framing them and puttin' em' up one at a time.





 
I found this giant atomic fiberglass shade at a yard sale for $5, it didn't fit any of my lamps, but it suited my dress form nicely, so I decided to turn the dress form into a lamp, future DIY project...

 

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was "that doesn't look much like a bedroom" but then I realized that the fact that it looks like an apartment would be so cool. You'd have like your own place! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete