Thursday, May 24, 2012

Barkcloth Cafe Curtains

Howdy! 

It's been a while, working plus college equals a no time!
I have managed to aquire a new couch and chair, and my pal Laurel, who sells at Vintage Pink, brought me some lovely barkcloth drapes!  She scavenged them just for me, and I thought they'd compliment my kitchen nicely.  I decided to turn them into cafe' curtains, and I'm almost done; here's my progress!


Two split pannels on the bottom of each window, (I plan to make tie-backs with the extra fabric)...


I saved the top with the original pinch pleats, I want to preserve the integrity of the original curtains...just need to hem and install...


Here's a close-up of the fabric; pink flowers, chartruese leaves and green leaves with gold squiggly's, they just don't make em' like that anymore....

1 comment: