Monday, April 23, 2012

V For Victory!

Lately, I've had gardening on the mind.  Since I haven't even planted grass, I've got a ways to go and no time to get it all done.  In addition to no time, I have limited space and no gardening experience.  My yard is actually just slightly bigger than a walkway, that stretches along the back of the house and down the side in the shape of an L.  I get discouraged from time to time, but I know I can create something amazing with any amount of space.  My inspiration?  The Victory Garden!  I just keep imagining all those World War II women, determined to do their part and use what they had.  Here are some vintage photos and posters that  inspired me.

Enjoy!














3 comments:

  1. OH i love this! I have been working in my Victory Garden like crazy because it's supposed to get warm (90 or more on Wednesday!) which is good for the seeds to germanate! I was so pleased when i saw this. I also enjoy coming up with windproof, bend-over proof (etc.) hairstyles! love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! sorry to comment so much but i just wanted to let you know that i put a link on my blog to this post i loved it so much! thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth! You can never comment too much, lol:)

    ReplyDelete