Friday, June 22, 2012

Scary Side Yard

I've blogged before bout' my scary side yard challenges, but I didn't have a picture of just how scary it is...until now.

 


I've done some weed pulling and lots of raking since then, and even arranged some of my retro outdoor furniture (not pictured) but I still have a long way to go!

I planned on trying to grow grass, but I realized it wouldn't survive in this limited space between all the lawn furniture, a chicken coup and my dog running back and forth.  Now I'm thinkin' rocks or granite.

My hubby has a mobile (in pots) victory garden growing in the front of the house where the sun lives, and we plan to fill some of our larger, mid century planters with plants that like shade.  The shade provided by our trees has actually turned out to be wonderful in this summer heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment